[OZAPRS] WXSVR-AU

Peter Edrupt VK3PYE at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:38:02 AEDT 2020

G'day everyone.

I'm new to this list and the APRS system in general.

Question if I may:

Does anyone know if there is a technical reason why I am not receiving back
to my QTH, messages from WXSVR-AU ?  In other words, is there a problem
with that service?

Explanation -- I have APRSIS32 setup on my Win 8.1 PC using Direwolf v1.6
via my 2M set.  I have been able to send RF messages to WXBOT and receive a
reply back. Yesterday I sent out a "CQ" and got a reply from a US station.
So I know that my system is working.  But when I send a message to the
WXSVR-AU server, with a request like "today", I can see that a reply
message was returned, by looking on aprs.fi in the messages section, but I
have yet to receive a reply back via RF. I have tried WXSVR-AU for a couple
of days now with no success.

My QTH station is VK3YPE-15 if anyone wants to send a "Gday". I will be
playing with APRS for a few days to see how this goes.

Thanks & 7 3, de Pete VK3PYE / VK3YPE