[OZAPRS] APRS fire level reporter experiment

Phil Shields shields_phil at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 10 09:06:35 AEDT 2019

Hi all, I have constructed a little Jave program that calculates the fire danger rating in real time and puts an icon on APRS.fi. The program reads a BOM JSON file for a particular town and:
Uses a Byram-Keetch algorithm to calculate the fire danger rating.Increments the APRS icon as the rating goes upstores and announces the last time it rainedwrites a cumulus style wxnow.txt that UIVIEW reads and broadcasts as weather parameters
The program is just a core. I compiled and run it in Eclipse. I filled in the variables for my town and turned it into an executable jar. You can fill in the variables (the variables in the upcoming gui section) for your town and compile it and run as long as you have the libraries in the path.
It lives here:Philip-Shields/APRS-Fire-Danger-Index-Reporter

|  |  |

|  |
Philip-Shields/APRS-Fire-Danger-Index-Reporter

A Java APRS fire danger reporter that gets its information from the Australian BOM JSON stream - Philip-Shields/...

It is just a fun experiment that may lead to bigger things. If you get it running compare its output with real conditions. Always rely on your local fire department for warnings. I have had it running here in Albury for years, it is called FireDangr..https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=&others=1&timerange=3600&tail=3600
Cheers Phil