[OZAPRS] Setting up a wx station at a local rc airfield

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Mar 18 09:40:29 AEDT 2019

Hi Max,

Use of private callsigns for digis at remote sites that are not the
licensees address is not uncommon, and unattended operation of digital
stations is permitted. Strictly speaking it's not the right way to go
but it's done and nobody bats an eyelid. Chances are very high that
using your own callsign-SSID would never be challenged.

I doubt the ACMA would go looking for you, if my experience is anything
to go by. I reported an unlicenced tx operating on a local ABC FM
frequency and because the location was a few hundred metres outside the
published coverage area for the ABC station the ACMA wasn't interested
in investigating.

A thought ....  Is the RC financial enough to take out an amateur
licence so the wx station can be operated under the club's own callsign?

Ray vk2tv