[OZAPRS] Grant to attend the TAPR Digital Communications Conference

Darryl Smith darryl at radio-active.net.au
Tue Aug 20 14:53:32 AEST 2019

Hi all...

If you know of any young people who might be interested in attending the TAPR/ARRL Digital Communications Conference in the USA, please let them know about this grant. They can contact me for more information and to assist them in their application.

Darryl VK2TDS

TAPR Board

TAPR recently received a generous donation from the Amateur Radio Digital Communications organization that is targeted to fund student attendance at the ARRL/TAPR Digital Communication Conference (DCC) (https://tapr.org/dcc<https://tapr.org/dcc.>), September 20-22<x-apple-data-detectors://1> near Detroit.

The grant allows us to provide financial support (travel, lodging, conference attendance, meals) for a few students, whether or not presently licensed, who would benefit from attendance and who would help represent a broader demographic than the current ham radio community (e.g., young people, people of color, women, etc.).

If you would like to submit the name of a deserving student along with brief information about why you feel he/she would be a good selection, we would be happy to consider him/her. We would like to receive nominations by September 1<x-apple-data-detectors://2> if possible, though we will be as flexible as possible in the timing. Please send nominations to taproffice at tapr.org.<http://lists.tapr.org/mailman/listinfo/tapr-board_lists.tapr.org>