[OZAPRS] Do RX only igates break APRS messaging?

David Murphy david.k.murphy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:39:05 AEDT 2018

Hi Team,

I am new to APRS and trying to get my head around it for SAR and WICEN
use. Messaging seems like a great function, but obviously needs
bi-directional simplex radio coverage between stations on APRS or
access to an i-gate that has TX and RX functions. So my questions is
do RX only i-gates kill messaging? From what I have read the APRS
servers will route a message back to the i-gate that heard the station
first, is that right? Therefore the message doesn't get sent?

Thanks,
Dave

VK2XDA