[OZAPRS] IO PCB audio pTT etc

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Tue Jan 30 21:58:58 AEDT 2018

Glen,

Sounds like a plan.

In terms of UPS what I meant was something monitoring the input volts and
when it gets too low either toggles an I/O or sends cmd (somehow) to Linux
to force it to shutdown nicely.  Then when supply volts comes up > 12.5V it
then boots it up again.  The Pi's don't like having their 5V
unceremoniously dumped in the middle of a write.  The SD card interface
goes pear shaped, bad things happen, big men come.  Nasty business !  Don't
get me started on their USB subsystem and serial ports.

I'm thinking more for the vehicle where you leave it running in the car and
to stop the sucker stopping you from starting it again.  The OpenTracker2
modems Argent Data used to have a MOSFET switched output you could power
the radio through, that was neat for un-attended solar powered APRS
applications.  Sadly when he switched to the DSP decoders in the OT3 series
it wasn't half as good as the original OT2's in terms of weak signal
decoding.

73

Matt
VK5ZM