[OZAPRS] IO PCB audio pTT etc

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Tue Jan 30 21:24:30 AEDT 2018

Hi Matt

Note for PIs, only PI3 will run the decoder decently. any sh1t will run
the encoder.

How fast can you get the PI off if an interrupt via GPIO comes in ?

In ODROID we have a root process sitting on the IRQ. a shellscript
shutdown is generated within a time slice or so....

I have a TINY-13 DIL8 atmel on the board to program up to do challenge
duties for the host. send a pulse, get one back etc within 3 seconds etc
etc or pull power, and also it has a analog pin for looking at the input
volts and starting a shutdown on another gpio pin.

just need to have enough energy on board to keep the computer up for
just long enough to complete a shutdown, in reality probably only needs
to SYNC and UNMOUNT etc then die. if user files are left hanging the FS
will deal with that  next boot.
the ups function adds quite a bit to the board, doign it proper.y. I'll
have a think about it otherwise I'll just provide an opto input to
accept a closure which will trigger the fast shutdown.

Actually there are a few Raspbian  crash-shutdown type SD card flavors
(apart from just booting with the system partitions RO and using a USB
key for /tmp log and application data.)

this is how I do it

send SIGTERM to the guzzling application

ps kill etc

#sync fs
echo s > /proc/sysrq-trigger

#remount in RO
echo u > /proc/sysrq-trigger

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq or sysctl -w kernel.sysrq=1

echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger

or really quick and dirty

shutdown -F -h -n now