[OZAPRS] Weather stations

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Mon Jan 8 16:20:00 AEDT 2018

On 8/01/2018 1:12 PM, Bob wrote:
> I have been thinking of maybe adding my off the shelf WH3081 weather
> station to the network. It has a USB socket so I would need a USB plug
> to plug cable or some kind of interface. Any advice besides RTFM?

I use PYWWS to read from my weatherstation, which is similar to yours,
and it includes a built-in script to convert its internal format to
APRS. Runs on Linux and there's a bit of scripting involved to glue them
together, but it's not too hard.

The APRS spec (being American) specifies weather beacons should be in
imperial/US customary units. Part of the changes I had to make to PYWWS
was to de-metricify the weather data before beaconing it.

73
Gavin.

--
       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
                MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au