[OZAPRS] Direwolf and satellites

Mark Jessop lenniethelemming at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 23:07:39 AEDT 2017

(Only posting to a single mailing list)

I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect Andrew wants a record of when multiple
stations received a common packet, as a means of tracking station
performance.
This isn't really the role of APRS-IS, and is more something which should
be handled in either the receiver software (maybe sending stats out via
station telemetry packets), or via some other statistics gathering method

I should note that the 'main' (maybe?) satellite AX.25 packet collection
database (https://db.satnogs.org/stats/) does keep statistics of
packets-per-contributor, but this database has a different purpose to
APRS-IS, and the packets collected are *not* APRS compatible.

73
Mark VK5QI