[OZAPRS] VK2RHR-1 raw

Liz liz at billiau.info
Thu Nov 16 19:17:37 AEDT 2017

QTR Thu, 16 Nov 2017 17:26:53 +1100 Peter VK2MPJ QTC

> If your local TX iGate is configured correctly, you should still see
> the traffic. It’ll just come from the APRS-IS not direct via the
> original RF.

The only data I put from TCP-IP onto RF is my weather (and that's
because of lazy programming). Other stuff to me is filling up the
spectrum. I have put data from within a ?200km range onto RF in the
past and choose not to now.

> Don’t forget, the region paths should really only apply to fixed
> stations. Mobiles should still be WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 (or 2-2 if they
> must), as if they used regional paths, they would not be digi’d if
> they travelled outside their local area.
>
> Pete
> 2MPJ

So imagine I'm driving south from home to the Vic border. I'd like to
know when I'm in range of the next voice repeater, and I look for this
info on an APRS packet advertising the transmitter. Will such packets
be digipeated or not when its across a state border?