[OZAPRS] VK2RHR-1 raw

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Wed Nov 15 14:53:34 AEDT 2017

I think that is how it's supposed to work, again I've not actually played
with aliases in digi's like this before.

In your use case;

VK2XRX-9>S3T8P9,VK2RHR-1,WIDE1*,RIV1-2, WIDE2-1:

I'd have expected RGI to have generated

VK2XRX-9>S3T8P9,VK2RHR-1,WIDE1*,VK1RGI-1*,RIV1-1,WIDE2-1

Hmm thinking about that a little if that got to air then you'd then bounce
that off any adjacent WIDE2's as well, effectively looping that back into
Sydney.

There is nothing saying you need to use the WIDEn-N paradigm for the
concept of the RIV (ie ISS and satellites) so just perhaps getting users to
send;

VK2XRX-9>S3T8P9,WIDE1-1,RIV, WIDE2-1:

or

VK2XRX-9>S3T8P9,RIV, WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1:

It's then a question of what happens with some of the older generation of
digi's and how they process the proto path.

Again this doesn't get around the issues of looping traffic back off RGI
and into Sydney via the WIDE2 on the end...

Hmm... time to find a coffee and put the thinking hat back on.

73

Matthew
VK5ZM