[OZAPRS] on density and stomping

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Tue Nov 7 08:44:51 AEDT 2017

Hi Ray

The stomping is a good point.  it's sort of like having a diversity
receiver. Instead of an RF fade, we have channel contention.  Actually,
in theory, multiple I-gate RX around town in a  dense area can provide
an increase in traffic density capability, as the n signals will compete
at different sites and some will win/loose  due to terrain shielding and
also flat fading short delay multipath.

Since too many I gates is no problem, Ginini will have Igate as well as
RF forwarding. The 50kbps half duplex IP link will carry that no problem.

Being open source code, we can add / modify as required. Isaacs will be
identical HW eventually.

glen