[OZAPRS] RGI/RBM/Griffith digis

Liz liz at billiau.info
Sun Nov 5 15:26:41 AEDT 2017

QTR Wed, 1 Nov 2017 07:12:18 +1100 Glen English VK1XX QTC

> Hi Josh
>
> thanks for the comments and suggestions on the delay question. Ginini
> will have IP access so we can tweak the cfg.
>
> OK so you are saying Griffith <> Wagga Igate relies on Ginini to pass
> the APRS traffic ?
>
> IE : USER >> Griffith Digi  >> Ginini  Digi >> Wagga Igate
>
> ? that's a long way round , and sees all the CBR basin traffic as
> contention I guess.

"Griffith" here is VK2RGF, and its 55km from me, and another little
hop into Griffith town.  In the current weather conditions, with a high
over the continent, it is possible for me to hear Ginini at night but it
isn't the norm.
VK2RGF to VK1RGI is about 225km.
Griffith town to Ginini is about 285km.

The normal traffic from VK2RGF to APRS-IS is via me, with Graeme now
able to do this when my iGate takes a rest ;)