[OZAPRS] HF APRS -2

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Mon Dec 18 22:04:22 AEDT 2017

That interface card is hideously expensive for what it is;

Other options;

   - The wolfson sound card is less than a third that price including
   shipping from E14, however a syba USB sound card is less than $5 from eBay.
   - PTT is just a transistor of an I/O pin, preferably with a h/w
   monostable timer to prevent locking the transmitter on; I still don't trust
   Pi's with 100Wpep of HF present, box or no box.

Personally I'll be trying a Tinkerboard first since it has onboard
microphone and audio, more grunt that a Pi-3, wifi, BT, I/O and serial
ports. In my case I can read the GPS from within the HF transceiver, which
is already shared three times in the back of the car already.

However will still experiment with STM32 option since this would make a
very nicely integrated option in the new year.

73

Matthew
VK5ZM