[OZAPRS] HF APRS -2

Mark Jessop lenniethelemming at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:35:26 AEDT 2017

Given the cost of boards like the Raspberry Pi Zero, and other similar
boards, I don't see it being targeted at ARM-NEON being that big of a deal.

I guess a good product to complement the modem would be a 'shield' (or hat,
or cape, or whatever the kids call them nowadays), for a raspberry pi or
similar, that includes:
- An Audio codec chip (probably via I2S? Example DAC board here, but no
ADC:
https://core-electronics.com.au/pimoroni-phat-dac-for-raspberry-pi-zero.html
)
- PTT interface (relay? FET?)
- Maybe even a GPS unit? (Something like a uBlox MAX-8 would go nicely)

Of course you can do a lot of this with a USB sound card and some external
circuitry, but I like the idea of a self-contained unit that you could
mount in a small box.

I might look into parts for such a board over the holidays, if I'm not too
busy chasing balloons at Mt Gambier...

73
Mark VK5QI