[OZAPRS] 10.147 MHz antenna

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Dec 11 08:03:34 AEDT 2017

But did you drive around beaconing and then take a look at aprs.fi to
see if YOU were heard. That's the proof you've achieved your objective.

I certainly wouldn't take one short period of listening as indicative of
what to expect. I ran a full 30m igate with a flat-top dipole up 40ft
for a few years, and quiet period were not uncommon. The other side of
the coin was gating a maritime mobile station in the Carribean, every
day for near two weeks, and another MM deep in the Southern Ocean. I
heard mobile stations from pretty much all over Oz. My station was just
west of Kempsey and I just loved the standing noise level of S0. My new
location is not going to be so kind to me!

Ray vk2tv