[OZAPRS] Need a hand - mobile antenna

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Sun Dec 10 13:14:30 AEDT 2017

Hi Graeme,

No the springs I'm referring to are those that sit inline with the RF, like
the the old 27MHZ 9' stainless ones or those used on Codan 9350's.   Every
time I've been asked to look at one of these antenna systems that is
misbehaving 9 times out of 10 the wire within the spring has broken, making
it difficult for the tuner to hold the tuning point when the vehicle is
travelling.

73

Matthew
VK5ZM