[OZAPRS] Need a hand

vk4tec at tech-software.net vk4tec at tech-software.net
Mon Dec 4 08:02:48 AEDT 2017

Good Outcome

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: OZAPRS [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On Behalf Of Glen English VK1XX
Sent: Monday, 4 December 2017 7:00 AM
To: ozaprs at aprs.net.au
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Need a hand

yep and what you did  with the engine mount strap confirms with you the need for a ground connection.

You should try dufferent options. Some will work better and not make any sense.

I think the days of people going into their paint with the grub screws is gone . Guys how many rusted out gutters did we see with gutter grippers screwing into the base metal in the gutter !

Once the match is 2:1 or better, that is probably quite reasonable.  2:1 is OK. dial up 50% power on the radio  it wont hurt it.  IE do the radio wont try and do 100%.

I think your bonnect mount is OK in conjunction with a ground strap.
should be plenty of ground bolt opportunities

but watch out for ground straps in the engine bay, they can pick up quite a bit of noise.  but if you are onyl receiving  that doesnt matter !