[OZAPRS] Igate

Ross Delaforce ross at livewire.com.au
Tue Mar 1 17:38:39 AEDT 2016

Hi Liz

I run the Microsat unit on VK2RMY-1 and bought a Netcomm 3G modem on eBay for about $55 + P/P.
It sat there as a Digi/Igate in that configuration, on a 1G/mth 3G usage plan for well over two years.
I could use the web interface of the Microsat unit and reconfigure it from anywhere.

Data use was light that I ended up putting in a APC remote AC reset unit.  I could log in the unit and reset the radio, modem, 3G unit plus the 2M and 70cm repeaters that were below it.

Modem also allowed me to monitor site access (door/camera trigger).
Ended up pulling it out - simply came down to the gear working fine, radio repeaters were upgraded and now can be controlled "over the air" and that there were 2-3 iGates 1-2 hops away that could do the work.
Saved me $$ to put towards other radio shack purchases!
Only thing I hate is doing a configuration mistake "on the hop" and finding out about it after traveling home 50kms away (lesson learnt there).

Regards,

Rossco

Ross Delaforce -- ross at livewire.com.au