[OZAPRS] Igate

Liz VK2XSE edodd55 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:59:49 AEDT 2016

QTR Sat, 27 Feb 2016 06:49:12 +0000 Justin Albury QTC

> I have used almost all the config's and they all have pros n cons.
>
> I look after a few remote locations that I have had to make a 4 hour
> return trip home for a simple reboot..... so it all depends on your
> application and if you have access at your finger tips.
>
> Putting that aside .... we have changed all out digi's and igates to
> these little devices with good results
>
> http://microsat.com.pl/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=100&language=en
>
> Im not saying they are the "Best Outcome" around but they work VERY
> well.
>
> Justin Albury

You have made a good sales attempt. It could replace the eeepc here,
but for the proposed location, I would still have to put a microcomputer
on it to deal with the 3G connectivity required. That son's domicile is
250km from the nearest digi, so I don't expect to be able to put stuff
through the network other than APRS-IS. He doesn't have an ADSL
service, but the AC is the right price (whatever voltage it is at the
end of the transmission system).

So far the decision is going
FM828 + hardware TNC + microcomputer + Huawei E220
which would only require the purchase of 2 crystals, and a hardware
TNC, maybe another antenna, everything else is available in various
"treasure chests".

Does anyone apply for additional callsigns for their remote digis?
Happy for replies off-list if desired.