[OZAPRS] Rasbian

Bob vk2byf at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 12:55:59 AEST 2016

Thanks Ray

On my Laptop xastir was installed via the manager and it works I just
have to learn how to set it up properly.

On my, also dual boot, PC I tried to install the latest release from a
zipped file and got myself into all sorts of trouble and gave up.
I have successfully installed some stuff from source but at other times
I get an error during "make" or "make install" and I don't have the
knowledge to diagnose and fix the error.

Its certainly interesting and challenging. Unfortunately I'm at the
stage where I'm getting a bit too gamey and when I stuff up I stuff up big.
Maybe I should just stick you using Package manager versions at least
they work even if they are not the latest.
I only have to resort to Windblows when I need to work with HD video
files. My laptop is Linux only.

You guys and gals are a big help, I appreciate your guidance.

Thanks Bob

On 03/07/16 0