[OZAPRS] Rasbian

Bob vk2byf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:11:58 AEST 2016

This didn't work for me on the PC with Linux Mint 17.3

This flavor is based on Ubuntu right?  Mint is only the GUI right? so
where does "debian' come into the equation?
Do I have to be a bit more careful with what I download?
I've been thinking if it works on Ubuntu it should work for Mint?
Not sure.

I got this error

E: Failed to fetch
http://mirror.as24220.net/pub/ubuntu/pool/universe/x/xastir/xastir_2.0.0-2.1ubuntu1_i386.deb
404  Not Found

Would that mean the site is wrong, down, kaput? Maybe try again later?

There it is again in the error message "i386.deb" the i386 is my machine
a 64 bit processor but running 32bit Linux Mint. .deb for debian?

Not game to try it on the RPi

Regards Bob