[OZAPRS] hardware suggestions

Liz VK2XSE edodd55 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:24:43 AEDT 2016

QTR Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:46:19 +0800 Gavin Rogers QTC

> On 16/02/2016 9:40 AM, Liz VK2XSE wrote:
> >
> > The OM has produced one of his stash of Philips FM-828A radios from
> > his "special place". Single channel version.
> > Assuming that it is modified to 145.175, would it be suitable?
> It'd cost you $50 or so for the crystals for a (granted, nearly
> bulletproof) 40 year old radio, plus the time and effort to
> mechanically tune it. Or $100 odd for a Chinese radio that's brand
> new, or $50-100 or so for an ex-commercial Tait/Philips/Simoco from
> eBay or a hamfest.
>

> 73
> Gavin
> vk6hgr

Overall 'bulletproof' is the required solution.
I need 4 items, but some do come combined
Radio
TNC
Mini Computer
3G modem

Combined items (my view) usually work well together.

This is for a location which is currently completely beyond the VHF
APRS system. It doesn't have access to internet through an ADSL or
networked solution, although that may happen before the project is
complete.