[OZAPRS] Frustration!

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:05:45 EST 2015

Problem
My Rpi stops as and when it feels like - actually there is a race
problem with the kernel, trying to read the cpu temp every 3 seconds,
and if it does any real work, it quits in disgust. I was trying to make
the thing more robust, but it won't even reliably reboot because the SD
card hasn't been unmounted properly, and hangs on reboot.

Solution 1
upgrade to newer kernel
Effect
doesn't boot. Trying to direct it an earlier kernel image also fails

Solution 2
use the BeagleBoneBlack
Effect
worked at first,
doesn't have ax25 networking built in to the kernel. Tried to rebuild a
kernel and it fails. Rebooted itself and then wouldn't talk to the radio

Solution 3
find another computer.....
Try to fix one or both of the embedded items.....

Anyone got any smart ideas about how to get the BBB using aprx to speak
to the radio again?
I've tried with and without KISS mode on the radio
/dev/ttyUSB0 is there - I can access the radio to set KISS mode
successfully
power on the USB hub doesn't improve things
any more ideas?

Liz
VK2XSE