[OZAPRS] HF i-Gate using R-Pi, Beaglebone or similar

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Feb 15 16:26:34 EST 2015

Rob,

I used the RPi as a three port APRS gateway for best part of a year. I
used a four port FTDI usb/serial adaptor to drive the TNC's (2xMFJ1270B
and 1xTinyII). Like many before me I found the supply voltage was
critical for reliable operation and I resorted to a linear regulator
that I could adjust to 5.15v. Having set that up the RPi was very
reliable. I was investigating the Direwolf sound modem for the HF port
when I had to dismantle the station and move QTH.

I had a second RPi running SDR with a UHF TV dongle for ADS-B and
feeding Flightradar24. It was equally reliable.

Ray vk2tv