[OZAPRS] APRS in NZ With Reciprocal License

Greg Ahpee lists.ahpee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:43:50 EST 2015

Can anyone on the list offer me advice about operating aprs in NZ with a VK
callsign under the reciprocal licensing arrangement?

According to the NZART website, VK amateurs can operate in NZ using their
own callsign with a /ZL suffix. This would make my aprs callsign/SSID
VK3BZQ/ZL-9 which is too long for my tracker to accommodate and probably
would not be accepted by the APRS-IS network anyway.

Does this mean it is not possible for me to operate aprs in NZ?

Greg
VK3BZQ