[OZAPRS] Desert trekking

Ian zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 17:18:50 EST 2014

> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 21:28:50 +1000
> From: Richard Murnane <richard.murnane at internode.on.net>
> To: Australian APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
> Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Desert trekking

~Snip ~

> I've always thought it would be nice to have a ?beacon now? button
> on the TT3, for those times when you want everyone to know where you
> are right now. Of course, one can always cycle the power and wait a
> minute for the GPS to lock again.

> 73 Richard VK2SKY

I'm going from memory, but didn't some models of the Tinytrack have a 'PTT In' pin on the DE-9, and you could configure it to send off a beacon after the PTT was released? You could connect a push button to ground and a pullup resistor to that, tweak the settings (possibly under MIC-E?) and see how you go.

Regards,
Ian ZL1VFO