[OZAPRS] Desert trekking

Liz VK2XSE edodd at billiau.net
Thu Sep 4 06:54:34 EST 2014

QTR Wed, 3 Sep 2014 23:46:17 +1000 Andrew Rich QTC

> I use mobile phone for aprs

Even where I live, I can drive less than 100km and be out of mobile
range (any provider, I have a range of SIM cards).
I use the mobile service to supplement my APRS transmissions by using
Xastir on a Eeepc 701 (the RPi will take over this at some time).
I still haven't got an antenna mounting position for HF on the car, and
think it will need a new car to solve that problem.
Once I have the antenna sorted out I'll decide exactly what gear I will
use for the HF APRS.