[OZAPRS] UIDIGI 1.9 problem?

Owen Duffy owen at owenduffy.net
Fri Oct 17 13:57:37 EST 2014

Hi Pete,

On 17/10/2014 13:20, Peter VK2MPJ wrote:
> Thanks Owen,
>
> I will chat with the bloke who has the proposed replacement TNC, and
> see what has or hasn't been done.
> When I get the current TNC off the hill, I will see if we can pull the
> current config and see where the disconnect has been :)

There is benefit in using TNCs with open squelch, but many do not have
an open squelch data carrier detect (OSDCD). The MFJ1270B can be run
open squelch, but the Paccomm Tiny2 Mk2 cannot for example.

If you (or others) are using TNC-2 that lacks OSDCD, you may find
http://owenduffy.net/blog/?p=2218 of interest.

> As for the deviations, yes I know exactly where you are coming from
Well, if you have listened to the channel in Canberra and local VK2, you
know what I am talking about.

73