[OZAPRS] UIDIGI 1.9 problem?

Liz VK2XSE edodd55 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:20:20 EST 2014

QTR Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:01:47 +1100 Owen Duffy QTC

> So, that suggests that RGF is set to repeat WIDE1-1 and NOT WIDE2-?...
> setup as a so called 'fill in' digi.

It is a wide area digi, covering a huge area of territory in SW NSW.
Focusing on what I have my radio set as does not deal with the failure
of the wide area digipeater.

> Try setting a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 in your radio and see if that
> solves the problem.

It can only possibly solve one of two problems, and will be waiting
until Sunday.

> The whole source routing this is a failure and outdated, the NEW N
> Paradigm is a botch.

And barely comprehensible I might add. My radio must have arrived set
WIDE 2-2, and because it "worked" I left well alone.
In the last couple of days I have found out why 3 hops can be
configured 2 different ways.
Before my first long trip with the APRS I asked on this list for advice
on setting the radio prior to reaching 'civilised parts', and received
no replies. Asking how to set up the home digipeater in Nov 2012 got me
a lot of advice to use WIDE 2-2.
In fact the packets from home do not get digipeated anywhere, because I
never solved how to write the path properly in the APRS sentence, so my
weather and beacons remain local only.