[OZAPRS] UIDIGI 1.9 problem?

Dom Dahl vk2hj69 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:44:18 EST 2014

Hi Liz

Just looking at all the other stations that VK2RGF-1 have heard this month
on aprs.fi and the all have the path WIDE 1-1, WIDE2-1 or (2-2). Maybe the
digi sysop has changed the digi to a WIDE1 digi and therefore your packets
are ignored. Also that would explain also why its not repeating packets
from other digis.

Cheers

Dom
VK2HJ

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Peter VK2MPJ <vk2mpj at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I did forget about the voice interference..
>
> Do you know if the digi was rebooted, or just the radio?  If the Digi has
> been rebooted, then it is a possibility that there have been changes
> previously made OTA which have now been lost.
> UIDIGI is great in that you can modify the config OTA, but it is not
> written into the EEPROM, which results in all changes being lost upon
> reboot.
>
> Just out of sheer curiosity on my behalf, can you modify your path in your
> 710 to WIDE 1-1, WIDE 2-1 (or WIDE 2-2, either should work, but 2-1 would
> be preferable to prevent excessive packets) and see what happens.  It may
> work, or it may not, I am just curious as to what , if anything the Digi
> will do with such packets.
>
> I certainly do not think it would be possible for call signs to be in the
> bud list without some sort of external input.  So I do not think that is
> the issue in this case.
>
> Pete
>

> On 14/10/2014 6:34 pm, Liz VK2XSE wrote:
>
>> QTR Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:14:34 +1100 Peter VK2MPJ QTC
>>
>>  Liz,
>>>
>>> I have just had a look at the logs available on APRS.fi for RGF-1 and
>>> it has heard at least 7 mobile stations direct over the last month
>>> VK2HLT-8
>>> VK2KAW-9
>>> VK5ATN-8
>>> VK2TRB-9