[OZAPRS] UIDIGI 1.9 problem?

Owen Duffy owen at owenduffy.net
Tue Oct 14 13:52:28 EST 2014

A little correction... but detail matters.

Hi Liz,

On 14/10/2014 13:31, Liz wrote:
> VK2RGF-1 runs UIDIGI 1.9
> For about a month it hasn't acted as a wide area digipeater, and
> doesn't digipeat all local packets.
> It will digipeat most local packets, but not mine. (Check the last 24
> hours on aprs.fi if you want to see some of this)
>
> Is there a known problem with UIDIGI 1.9 which would cause it to reject
> all packets which contained the callsign of a digipeater?
>
> Once upon a time, my logs would be full of packets which came via
> Ginini, Canobolas and wider afield.
> Now there are no packets from further afield reaching home, and there
> is a weird problem which causes it to reject my packets, even when I
> drove right past it yesterday.
>
> Some log samples (APRSIS excluded, and all transmit excluded) from May
> and Oct appended.
Ok, in all of that, I think you are saying it:
1. will not repeat WIDE2-m where m>0 and
2. doesn't seem to repeat other stuff as often as it should.

Issue 1 is easy to clear away, are there any instances of
',VK2RGF-1*,WIDE2*' in your log file. If they exist at all, there there
is evidence that it will repeat those cases if they are decoded.

Issue 2 could be a whole lot of problems that are degrading receive
performance. If it does repeat certain cases sometimes but not as often
as it should, I would look to the linear side of the system rather than
digital.

It is my first suspicion that issue 2 is the real issue, and that radio
performance has fallen off (defective antenna system, radio etc).

It looks to me like this might be a remote digi. I assume that its
working configuration is in EEPROM. Can you remotely access it and check
the key routing parameters, perhaps restart it.

73
Owen