[OZAPRS] Desert trekking

Gordon Taylor gordon at thetaylorclub.com
Mon Oct 13 20:45:21 EST 2014

Thanks for the push Ian, I am well aware of theTT3 settings and thought I
had it all set up correctly.  I changed a setting last weekend and now it
beacons at the correct interval when stationary.  What setting was that you
may well ask.

I had the low speed value set at 0 in the smart beaconing settings.
Changing this to 2 and the tracker beacons every 900 seconds when stationary
which is correct.

I wonder if there is an issue with the algorithm or some other reason not to
use 0 for a slow speed setting.  I see from the manual the algorithm has the
following line;

IF (speed <slow_speed)
	beacon_rate = slow_rate

With a slow speed value of 0 it is not possible to get below this.  Maybe
this is why

Regards

Gordon  VK4VP