[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Liz VK2XSE edodd at billiau.net
Wed Feb 26 06:38:29 EST 2014

QTR Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:48:46 +1100 Shaun QTC

> So you probably don't want to know I am running a VK2XPP-10 on my
> phone?  ;-)
>
> I like your way better.  One object.
>
> Are there any downside to naming everything -9 that anyone can think
> of?
>
> (Currently searching for USB cable to program open tracker and
> adjusting phone as we speak in anticipation)
>
> I'm glad you questioned me.  Sometimes we follow the protocols that
> may not continue to be the best way as technology evolves.
>
> Shaun VK2XPP-9?

The portable unit that I sometimes take on the bike has a different
SSID; the car gets 9 whether its the radio on its own or xastir running
a portable iGate.
The phone has probably got 10 but I prefer to turn it off and leave it
home - the battery goes flat otherwise ;)