[OZAPRS] Re HF APRS

Terry vk5atn at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 25 19:07:40 EST 2014

I've used TT3s with my IC-706 for HF APRS for many years now.    I use
the big accessory socket on the back of the 706 for the rig
connections.   The TT3 is powered from a separate outlet on the vehicle
system, and I use either a Garmin GPS18 or a Globalsat mouse style GPS.

The TT3s work very well, it's a proven design, is relatively
inexpensive, and quite easy to build and get going.     Of course you
can also use the alternative option for VHF 1200 aprs as well, not at
the same time of course.

I've always been impressed how well HF APRS works om 30 metres - at
least during daylight hours.   All credit for this goes to those
generous people who provide the HF gates  :-).

Thanks indeed, it wouldn't be possible without you.

73
Terry
VK5ATN