[OZAPRS] VK2XSE IGate

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Feb 6 07:13:15 EST 2014

The wifi (both dongles tried) connected to a powered hub (on the RPi ok
list) which had a 2.5A plug pack.

There's much on the net about the fragility of the USB ports (and
ethernet which, internally, is also really USB) on the Pi and there are
many methods suggested to "fix" those problems, none of which worked for
me. I think the solution is to ensure as close to 5v on the USB ports as
possible, without exceeding 5.25v (USB spec upper limit) input to the
RPi. The supply needs to be clean - check with a CRO.

Ray vk2tv