[OZAPRS] Simpson Desert APRS via ISS

Nik Presser nikp007 at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 24 23:16:57 EST 2014

G’day Andrew,

Just had a bit of a look at your track.

What are the roads around Birdsville like right now? I’m heading there in a few weeks time via the Flinders Ranges. I think the Digi at VK5RAE (Mt Arden) runs out at Leigh Creek. Michael VK5MW (ex VK5ARD) used to run a Digi at Roxby Downs but I think it’s long gone now.

As for Alice Springs, I thought a while ago that there was an ex-VK2 that moved to Alice Springs and set up a repeater (or two) and an APRS Digi. But, CRAFT has set in this way and can’t recall what happened. I’ve done a search and can’t see any Digi activity for a while.

Cheers,

Nik Presser
VK3BA