[OZAPRS] DC connectors

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Apr 18 09:15:35 EST 2014

Ah yes! The magic smoke accompanied by the sinking feeling it causes as
one sees dollar signs etched on the eyeballs.

This is way OT but you're more likely to see the magic smoke from
driving high power speakers with a low power amp than lower power
speakers and a high power amp because the former is more likely to
flat-top and put DC on the speakers.

In my case the magic smoke came courtesy of 35V appearing across the
speaker when the amp module failed.

Ray vk2tv