[OZAPRS] "Stations heard" on aprs.fi

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Thu Apr 3 20:09:48 EST 2014

Evening all,
	Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
	I've just recently (within the last month anyway!!) setup a HF APRS Igate on 30m. I'm still
tinkering with the setup but am a little confused with what I'm seeing (actually, what I'm not
seeing) on aprs.fi.
	If I look at the info section of my call, toward the bottom of the page is a "Stations heard
directly by" section which tells me who I've heard over the radio path.
	I was a little concerned by the amount of mobile stations I'm hearing but are not being listed. For
example, I saw VK2JFP-15 on my monitor and confirmed the posit I received was forwarded up the chain
of servers, by looking at VK2JFP-15's raw packets but he doesn't appear in my list.
	I would appreciate any guidance as to why this is so.
	Regards,
Ian
VK1IAN-1