[OZAPRS] problem in Adelaide

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Jul 25 15:51:41 EST 2013

Paul/ Matt / Mark etc

Its been found. Lets just say its someone we have known for a long time thats belongs to the offending gear. It seems that its fallen into a dubiuos state of repair and peration probably due to the age of the battery and setup. Its marjinal at times but works at other times.

I spent about 3/4 of an hour cruising around Parabanks using some very old DF techniqs and found it.

I would say that it will get cleared up soon. I spoke to the owner and passed our regards on. As far as agressively dismantling it goes. I would suggest we only stand to loose a friend in that approach.

So be happy and cheerful in that we will get our APRS tracking back in the northern areas again.

73 Tony Hunt  VK5AH