[OZAPRS] problem in Adelaide

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Wed Jul 10 22:31:28 EST 2013

That would the way to do it, but it is going to come down to can people
get access to the gear to turn it off for a period and then get back to
it to turn it on.
I am going to see what I can do on working out the direction tomorrow,
the problem is that it sounds like it is not getting a full frame into
the network so it might end up having to be direction found. I am hoping
people that are on the list know people that look after gear and hope
people have a look.

cheers all

Paul

On 10/07/2013 9:25 PM, Mark Jessop wrote:
> We have enough experienced DFers around the place that we should be able
> to track it down, as long as the channel isn't flooded with other traffic.
>
> Might I suggest that if this continues to be a problem, that us Adelaide
> APRS users collectively organize to take as much of the network as
> possible down for, say, 2 hours on a Saturday or Sunday? We can then
> coordinate on one the local repeaters, and a few DF teams can get out
> and about to track it down.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark VK5QI
>
> On 10/07/13 9:22 PM, Liz wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:46:00 +1000
>> Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net> wrote:
>>
>>> RDF
>> good answer
>> of course, discussing it here everyone is assuming that the radio is
>> the property of a licensed amateur, and it may not be, in which case
>> looking for it actively is the only solution.
>>
>> best of luck guys,
>>
>> Liz
>> VK2XSE

Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for the content of this E-Mail, or
for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the
information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed
in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Me, Myself
and I. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via E-Mail. The
recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this E-Mail.