[OZAPRS] Uniden GPS 301

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Fri Sep 28 23:05:14 EST 2012

On 3/09/2012 10:42 AM, Steve Sharp wrote:
> G'day Chris, I used one these a while back feeding in to my Alinco 635
> with the TNC board fitted and it worked well.
> From what passes for my memeory these days, there is an issue with the
> port speed being different from the manual - it may have been locked
> at 2400 and the manual says 4800 or 9600 - something like that.

GPS301s work - for a while.

I've had a few. Some output only 9600 baud regardless of the baud rate
setting in the menu. They all have a problem with a DC regulator IC on
the bottom side being ridiculously underspecced for the job. It gets
mighty hot and eventually fails.

73
Gavin.

--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
                MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au