[OZAPRS] Off line maps for xastir

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Sep 16 09:50:02 EST 2012

Liz,

I generally use the 1:250000 topo maps from Geoscience Australia, unless
I want some extra local detail and then I use a few scanned 1:100000 topos.

With the 1:250000 I have subdivided each map into 0.5 degree (mostly)
squares using photoshop or similar to help the maps load more quickly.
This gives me <mapname>_1.jpg, <mapname>_2.jpg, etc.

Ray vk2tv