[OZAPRS] No recent positions on Googlemaps.

Pete vk3tbn at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:39:45 EST 2012

Josh

Hi there, and assistance in running an igate is always welcome, please check with Richard Hoskin the vk3 administrator before doing so, as it can quickly overload the system.

I agree there is a lot more information that you can send, In fact I did that when I first started as an igate, and users complained on 2 meters, however the impact via digits must be considered, and then the mobile users have trouble competing with igates @ 50w with 2x 5/8 in phase antennas ;-), so you have to strike a balance, that was the lesson I learnt.

In fact that is why I used to run 70 cm igate locally around my area for my self and anyone else who cared to listen ( about 3 users a month max) I used to have all vk and Dix spots for vk running on it. It used to run hot, and was fine as I was the only digi/igate but I know if there was a second digi, I would have to cut the data down or the channel would never be clear for a mobile station.

Btw, We are still one digi down at the moment up at mt macedon, hence why there may be a few RF holes out your way.

I regards to Geelong, there is an igate / digi there, but it may have gone off the air, I will check.

Happy to help and discuss further, I have learnt from others, and happy to help you as well if you would like

Yours in radio

Peter

Vk3tbn

Igate vk3tbn-10 Greensborough