[OZAPRS] FT-290R + Signalink USB

Nick (VK3TY) nick at vk3ty.com
Fri Feb 10 08:14:17 EST 2012

Hi there,

I used to used my FT290R Mk I on Packet back in the early days.  The
interface cable went directly to the multi-pin plug without having to insert
or bypass anything. I'll be back on air with AX.25 signals shortly - using
my Yaesu FT-290R and original interface a cable.

The issue of frequency response is somewhat a mute point when only two
(mark/space) tones are used.

The IRLP link I provide does have an issue using a direct link to the
microphone and audio output.  The radio circuits have de-emphasis and
pre-emphasis can have a significant effect on the full voice frequency
range.  That is why with IRLP, audio is take off post the discriminator and
mic. audio is fed in at another point leaving the normal microphone and
speaker points alone.

Nick - VK3TY