[OZAPRS] Yaesu VX8GR performance?

Andy Nguyen an at comms.net.au
Wed Aug 15 11:16:24 EST 2012

I did some comparison test with a Kenwood D710 and that worked perfectly.

- With the same 5W power and antenna only the Kenwood could trigger the Digipeaters. The VX8DR was just ignored
- The D710 can decode the the VX8DR OK
- The VX8DR can decode the digipeaters OK

So there is definitely an issue with the degipeaters receiving APRS from the Yaesu VX8 handhelds.

Regards,
Andy