[OZAPRS] That callsign ...

Darryl Smith darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sat Apr 7 12:02:53 EST 2012

I really don't want to make this thread any worse, but I can tell you that
saying my call sign is rather 'Tedious'. I really did not think when I
went to get my call sign at North Sydney in 1993 or so. I quickly started
using phonetics to say my call sign - something that works really well
when you transition to Aviation. FYI, with aviation the call sign goes
with the plane which can lead to the situation where you are always trying
to remember which plane you are in.

Just after I got my Ham license there was another ham who had a had the
computer generated call sign of Foxtrot Uniform XrayŠ

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459