[OZAPRS] Tiny trak4 on hf on ic706mk2g

Damien Gardner Jnr vk2tdg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:01:23 EST 2012

9-pin mini din?  that doesn't sound right.. The cat port on a yaesu is
an 8-pin mini din, which is close.. but the data port is a 6 pin mini din..?

If the plug is correct, just try manually grounding the PTT line in the
jack.. I've had some troubles recently with my aging FT8100, which seems
to now need a higher pull-down current than my MFJ 127x's will sink.
Yet my 857 (and the 897 before I sold it) still work fine..  So just
worth keeping in mind that you might need to tweak the pull-down circuit
in the TT if you can manually make the 706 transmit by taking that line
low..

Cheers,

DG

On 6/04/2012 7:18 PM, Andrew Scott wrote:
> Can't get it to tx? And don't know why. Works fine on VHF yaesu. I changed the things I was meant to.(I believe) but she didn't trak me driving west today. (5hrs west of Melbourne).
>
> Does anyone have any tips for making the 706 work?  Using the 9 pin din on the back. Same cable as yeasu fm. On 10mhz. It makes the radio tx. But no power. No audio. No alc.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks
>
> Andrew Scott
> 0411101021
> Sent from my iPhone