[OZAPRS] VK2RGN-1 Now Online

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Apr 3 20:03:16 EST 2012

Hi Peter,

On 03/04/2012, at 4:50 PM, Peter Bye wrote:

> I would be very hesitant to make it a TX/RX iGate, for fear of flooding the RF network with unnessecary traffic.  RX only, would be ideal.

javAPRSSvr's example config doesn't do open inet->rf gating by default.  It gates messages to rf for stations heard on the channel.
You have to configure one (or more) of the IGatePass* commands to override the default behaviour.

RX only iGates break aprs messaging as the protocol defaults to using the inbound iGate to send messages back.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)