[OZAPRS] VK2RGN-1 Now Online (Justin Albury)

Ian Mills vk2him at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:30:00 EST 2012

Hi Justin and Carl,

Looking at the raw packets on aprs.fi, 2RGN-1 is occasionally making it
directly into 1RGI-1 as well as 2RUW, however contact is extremely erratic
which is a shame.

2012-04-01 01:50:03 EST: *VK2RGN-1<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2RGN-1>
*>APNU19,VK1RGI-1* <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK1RGI-1>,WIDE2-1,qAR,
VK2YYZ-5 <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2YYZ-5>
:!3445.60SS14945.71E#PHG4630/W2 Digi   Goulburn

The last time a packet was received was 1:00am this morning via 2RUW and my
igate.

2012-04-02 01:03:05 EST: *VK2RGN-1<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2RGN-1>
*>APNU19,VK2RUW-1* <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2RUW-1>,WIDE2-1,qAR,
VK2HIM-1 <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2HIM-1>
:!3445.60SS14945.71E#PHG4630/W2 Digi   Goulburn

On Friday and over the weekend I watched a few mobile stations leave
Sydney/ Canberra and travel via Goulburn with not many packets making it to
the internet via 2RGN, again this is a shame as I'm suer a lot of hard work
has been put in by Justin.

Since access to the higher TX site isn't possible, perhaps if Justin ran a
RX only igate in Goulburn it would give the expected  reliability results?

Cheers
Ian vk2him

--

www.theshackbythebeach.com